Friday 30 January 2009

Bank-Note-Book - Book No. 0002

Contact me: blog[at]sgwilkinson[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk

********************************

25th March 2009 - UPDATE: I am now making these Bank-Note Books with endpapers made with my handmade paper that use shredded £20 bank notes as inclusions. See here for details.

So, if we swap, you'll receive a Bank-Note-Book with bank note paper endpapers, 3 different sheets of other of my papers, and a tiny amount of shredded bank notes for you to experiment with.

********************************

Today I made 8 little single signature pamphlet note books from some old banknotes i've had for some time.

Book No. 0002 circa 2.5x2.5 in (7x7cm) 24 to 32 relued pages.

I've got an idea in my head that i could swap these with anyone who is interested in either putting a link to my blog on their page, or sending me a sheet of paper or a simple pamphlet that they have personally made. To that end, I've bought job lot of uncirculated banknotes from Ebay to make them from. If anyone is interested, email me at email at sgwilkinson.freeserve.co.uk for a chat about what we can swap. If we do a swap, i'll publish info, and photos of items swapped.

5 comments:

Lubna said...

Oh I love these little bank note books they're so cleverly made - what an innovative idea to use up old banknotes:-)

Lubna

Simon said...

Not sure how the idea came to me. I've got some small paper and cotton printed Tibetan prayer flags to make a book from soon. Keep an eye out.

→lisa said...

Hi Simon, I'd be happy to do a swap w/ you. I can send you a notebook along these lines: http://www.flickr.com/photos/parallelbotany/3264102170/in/set-72157612994846107/

Lisa

Michelloui said...

These are great, a really clever idea. I also like the prayer flag idea. It will be a while before I even have the time to work on this let alone complete something, but I will follow your blog so I stay reminded of all of this! Thank you!

Simon said...

Thanks Michelloui