Wednesday, 25 February 2009
Friday, 20 February 2009
Well maybe not exactly curry, but the inclusions in this paper are paprika and oregano. Straight out of the kitchen cubboard, and well mixed in the pulp. The paprika leaves delightful orangey red flecks in the paper. There is a very slight paprika smell to the paper too! Good enough to eat?
Paper No 0004 8x6 in (20x15 cm) Paprika & Oregano Inclusions.Detail of Paper No. 0004 showing the flecks in the paper from the paprika.
Sunday, 15 February 2009
OK, tonight I made these 2 papers. Both experimental. The first one has silk fibres (all the same fibres) sandwiched between 2 sheets, and the second sheet has various different fibres sandwiched. Again, as 'Another Experiment', I should have left it and pressed as a single sheet, without the sandwich.
Thursday, 12 February 2009
OK, today I made 3 pairs of timber boards to use as book covers at some stage. I've no idea what the wood is, I picked up a big plank about 8mm thick from local reclamation yard. It's a very dark wood, with light stripes, and it chips a bit like fibreglass. My hands were cut to shreds before I'd tamed it! Anyway, once finished, I swept all the sawdust and chips up, and made some more pulp as Paper No 0001, and added a large lot of the sawdust. This is the finished sheet.
Paper No. 0003 8x6 in (20x15 cm) Sawdust Inclusions.
And here is the finished stack of some of the dozen or so sheets I made.
Tuesday, 10 February 2009
. I cut up a pair of jeans, hoping to make some denim paper. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes of blending I realised, this wasn't going to work, and that the denim needed cooking first. But, with the small amount I had blended, I made this sheet by sandwiching the denim pulp between 2 sheets of paper made as Paper No 0001. But, in hindsight, i should have pressed it on a single sheet. This image is of the same sheet, one back lit, the other using front light from camera flash.