Tuesday 12 May 2009

Swap No 0005 - My Handbound Books

Over to Canada this time, to Rhonda at My Handbound Books. I was a little slow off the mark in posting my end of the swap, and consequently, my package from Rhonda arrived before I'd posted mine!
But, i was blown away with Rhonda's generosity. I received 2 chopstick bound books, beautifully wrapped in a handmade, hand printed band. See Rhonda's tutorial to make these here. There was also another notebook, a print, and a selection of marbled and paste papers. All are stunning. Rhonda's tutorial to make paste paper is here.
I thoroughly reccomend Rhonda's blog, its fascinating, and an inspiration. Theres so much on there that I'd like to try and make myself. If mine are only half as good........
I sent Rhonda my usual swap, but as I'd seen what Rhonda had posted before I sent mine, I included one paper from each of the six papers I've made, and as a special treat, I sent Rhonda a pair of the wooden boards I'd made and kept for a rainy day. I'm looking forward to see what Rhonda makes with them.

6 comments:

MyHandboundBooks said...

I enjoyed our swap very much, thank you again! I will certainly be in touch when those wooden cover boards get put to use :)

lori vliegen said...

wow...great swap! i agree with you, rhonda's blog and work are wonderful!! :)

Simon said...

Look forward to it Rhonda. Thanks

Simon said...

Thanks Lori. Do you want a swap?? Simon

Kiley said...

I just found your blog via Rhonda and am amazed at your work!
What a fantastic deal for both of you!

Simon said...

Thanks Kiley, your blog is one i follow too. If you'd like a (simple) swap too, just let me know, and email your address to blog @ sgwilkinson,freeserve.co.uk - remove the spaces first!