Saturday 18 April 2009

Anyone for a Copper Coffee? - Book No 0007

Inspiration can grab you anywhere. I was on my way to a site meet for my business, and stopped for a coffee at a fuel station on the way. It suddenly occurred to me that the corrugated card insulator used to stop you burning your fingures on way back to your car, could be used as book covers. So, I took a few spares, much to the confusion of the attendant!

So, as coffee is best shared, i made a dos-a-dos book. The 16 page signatures are just ordinary copy paper. On one side the paper edges are dipped in coffee, and on the other, completely immersed in coffee.

Both sides are pamphlet stitched with copper wire. One side stitched internally, the other externally.

Book No. 0007 - 5x3 in (12.5x7.5 cm)

4 comments:

→lisa said...

Haha, that's great!

You could also do pages with drip stains, like coffee polka dots

Simon said...

Yeah, i was kinda pleased with this one!

Jan Allsopp said...

I love this book! I think it needs the odd coffee ring as well! We don't have those cardboard sleeves with coffee here. Otherwise I would make one myself. I am addicted to coffee and the idea of a coffee book is sooooo appealing!

Simon said...

Jan, i've emailed seperately. I may add the coffee rings, and some of parallel-botany's coffee drips later. Simon