Thursday 28 May 2009

Keith Smith Pamphlet Binding - Book No 0014

Here's another Keith Smith double pamphlet binding I've recently made. I'll post some time soon about approx 250 sheets of mostly handmade papers I've recently bought online for c£60.

This pamphlet is entirely made from some of those papers. As have been my Books 0008, 0009, 0010 & 0011.

Sewn with black thread, the outer cover is a very beautiful stiff paper with a leather like look and feel. The inner cover is a marbled paper of sorts. The pages are made from torn down mulberry papers of 2 alternate colours - yellow and orange. Keith Smith calls the binding Pinking Shears with Bars (see Vol 2, Pg 74). Unlike my previous post, I'm really pleased with this book.

Book No 0014. 5x7 inches (12x17 cms)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just found your blog. your books papers bindings everything!! is just awesome. I plan to get another cup of coffee and spend lots of time admireing your work

I havent been able to find your profile yet, so is there someplace I can find out more about who you are? like where are you LOL!

Chrisy said...

Very nice...and the materials you've chosen really complement this style...ultra classy...

Simon said...

Thanks Lori. Glad you liked my work. I've only been doing this since January this year. I've bought loads of books, and just read anything and everything related. This blog is just a 'diary' for want of a better desciption of what i do as i go along! I'm based in Berkshire, UK. I'd love to do a sap with you if interested - see http://papercurious.blogspot.com/2009/02/bank-note-book.html

Simon said...

Thanks Chrisy, I was particularly pleased with this one!

Carol said...

Simon, I've only just found you too, though you seem to have found me, so I apologise for my slowness in catching up. I like the way you have taken on binding with such enthusiasm. I love bank notes too (the paper, the engraving, the wonderful designs) so I'm delighted to see you using shredded bamknotes in your hand made papers. You've certainly come a long way since January.

Simon said...

Thanks Carol, so many ideas, yet so little time.....